Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Iraq Reconstruction. Complicity. Craigslist and Funny Games.





Driving to work today, the biggest issue of the moment seemed to be the fact that as reported by the BBC the US Military has failed to account for 96% ($8.7bn) of money aligned with the sale of Iraqi oil and gas, and some assets of Saddam Hussein. It is hard to believe that little coverage has been given to the above. All news agencies that do not publish such articles should be held to account. Questions must be asked. Where has this money gone, and to whom? So to must the US military. It seems simply inconceivable that records were not kept. When confronted with such news, one is once again reminded of the fact that the US invaded Iraq on false pretenses. That the occupation was not for WMD's but to take over a country with large amounts of oil. Stories such as the above serve only to cement such viewpoints, not dispel them. All responsible must be held to account. I should admit my guilt for driving to work. I have indirectly supported that which I write against. It was only out of convenience and laziness, conditioning perhaps.

Moving on. The month is almost out and it is raining softly outside. A missed connection from Craigslist and then Funny Games.

Were you at Sentido Funf last night?? - m4w (Fitzroy)

I woke up this morning and you were still on my mind.

I was with 4 friends, you were with 3 ladies, and we kept locking eyes in the garden around 1030. I wore a white shirt, black pants, grey jacket and a ginger beard. You wore a white tee, had your black hair straight, and kept flashing that stunning smile.

If that's you, then I'm sorry I didn't come over. My complete and utter mistake. Get in touch?

Funny Games, written and directed by Michael Haneke, is a film to be watched. It disturbs and Haneke refuses to give his audiencewhat they desire. A happy ending.

There are two versions of Haneke's film: an American version (2008) which is a shot for shot remake of the Austrian film (1997). Ciao Bella.

No comments:

Post a Comment