Monday, February 8, 2010

Guns can't kill what soldiers can't see. Give.





















Another week goes by. Another one begins. On Friday, while at work, an officer from the Borondoora Council gave me a call about the street light. I told him exactly where it was, and he said he would talk to CitiPower http://www.powercor.com.au/ to have the light turned off. Dissapointingly on Saturday the light was still on(the last picture in this entry). I was to find two other street lights on during the day on Saturday and Sunday. One on Glenferrie and Gordon Roads in Malvern and the other on Bell and Waverley Streets in Pascoe Vale (top picture). Appropriate generic correspondence will be sent to the relevant councils, but I wonder if more energy is used by me sitting at the lap top and writing these generic emails than how much energy will be saved during the day? But then if they were off the emails would not need to be sent? Give.

Haiti - Arcade Fire

Haïti, mon pays,
wounded mother I'll never see.
Ma famille set me free.
Throw my ashes into the sea.

Mes cousins jamais nés
hantent les nuits de Duvalier.
Rien n'arrete nos esprits.
Guns can't kill what soldiers can't see.

In the forest we lie hiding,
unmarked graves where flowers grow.
Hear the soldiers angry yelling,
in the river we will go.

Tous les morts-nés forment une armée,
soon we will reclaim the earth.
All the tears and all the bodies
bring about our second birth.

Haïti, never free,
n'aie pas peur de sonner l'alarme.
Tes enfants sont partis,
In those days their blood was still warm

No comments:

Post a Comment